Thursday 19 November 2009

My friend the Mermaid!

My hairdresser, Nicky, is absolutely mad on the Little Mermaid, along with many other Disney characters, and has requested for christmas a card showing Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Pocahontas sharing Christmas!! Not sure I will manage that, although I do have an image of Ariel at Christmas, so she might have to settle for that.

However, it is her birthday on Monday next (she will be 24, not 12), so I have come up with a mermaid card for her. While browsing on Dewdrop Craftz page for digital stamps I found the mermaid designed by Carly. I used a background from My Craft Studio World of Watercolours, and coloured the mermaid in with ProMarkers. The shell and fish were buttons which I have had for years and never found a use for until now (motto girls - never throw anything away, you never know). I added the two "bubbles", which were two of those transparent thingy's that you put in little pots around the house, so that I could enter it into the latest challenge on Crafty Cardmakers which is called Clear as Day and requires you to use something transparent! I am also entering it into the Dewdrop Craftz challenge, which is called "Summer of Love" - anything bright and colourful and NOT depicting Christmas (I am all for that one - keep Christmas at the end of December), and using a Dewdrop Craftz stamp. I think this meets all that criteria (big word!).

6 comments:

  1. Love the card and that background is gorgeous.. Glad Vix mentioned the challenge to you.. it definately qualifies..
    Thankyou for entering the DewDrop Craftz challenge..
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a gorgeous card and beautifully coloured. Thank you for entering the DewDrop Craftz challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Sue! I think you've done a fab job and love the blues and greens x

    Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers and Dewdrop Craftz challenges and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue..

    I hope you are well..

    During the challenge on DewDrop Craftz one person is picked to be a guest DT member for the next challenge..

    I wondered if you would like to take the position for the December challenge.

    If this is ok.. please contact me on dewdropcraftz@aol.com for the new challenge details.

    Many thanks - have a lovely weekend.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little mermaid and I'm sure your friend will too.
    Thanks for joining us at DDC :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done love the card. Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers. xx

    ReplyDelete