Saturday 21 November 2009

Colour combo and sketch

Second posting of the day! I have been working on this card on and off all week, it has been a bit troublesome owing to me trying to make it fit too many challenges! I was trying to tie it into the Crafty Cardmakers challenge which needed something clear on it, but everything I tried didn't work. So I gave up on that one and used the Mermaid card.
This one is going into 2 challenges -
Passion for ProMarkers this week is a Colour Combo - Burnt Umber and Marsh Green. I showed my husband the two colours and asked him for a suggestion as to what kind of image he would use them for - all he could come up with was wood and trees! I looked through all my stamps, and when I came to this set (Madam Chic from Butterfly Kisses) the example was actually coloured in almost identical colours, so that made up my mind.
Papertake Weekly this week is this sketch.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a lovely card. The image is beautiful and the colours really suit her. The layout is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Great colouring and papers, thanks for joining in this week with Passion for Promarkers.
    Barbara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card Sue. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly with this lovely card!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia
    (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. super CAS card
    thanks for joining in this week at PfP and good luck
    Debbi
    xx
    p.s I have some promarker candy up for grabs on my blog if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card, I am so glad you could join us and play along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete