Thursday 26 November 2009

Just Magnolia meets Friday Sketchers....

Two challenges today with this card. I have sweated blood on this one. The Just Magnolia challenge this time is Masking. I did the stamping using two Magnolia characters slightly overlapping, and realised they were both sitting down. So I needed them to sit on something. So I got a stamp which was trailing ivy, but stamping it sideways made it look like a tree branch. I used that, then decided I didn't like it. Then I lost it, so I started again! This time I used a stamp which was a pile of stones and flowers, which, when repeated looked a bit like a dry-stone wall.
Then I really didn't know what to do with the rest of the card, so I mounted some flowery paper onto some royal blue card and put it on that, stuck it all down, scanned it, then decided I hated it. I wasn't having a very good day yesterday, felt really ill, so I left it until this morning.
Then, last night, I found the sketch challenge over on Friday Sketchers, and my problem was solved. So this morning I cut around my masked stamping (couldn't peel it off), and re-used it on this card.
This is the sketch for the Friday Sketchers challenge -

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful card! Great masking and such sweet images. Thanks for joining us this week x

    ReplyDelete