Saturday 16 January 2010

I'm being challenged again!

In more ways than one, as it turns out! I started to do this post and I couldn't type anything. First, I must explain something.... I am NOT a laptop person, although I use a laptop at home. When my monitor packed in my husband, in his infinite wisdom, decided that if he was going to spend £100 on a new monitor, he would be better off spending £350 on a laptop for me. I must admit, I liked the idea of one until I came to have to use it! Laptop keyboards are all wrong, too flat, and those stupid mice thingies do not like me. The laptop takes on a mind of it's own when I try and use the mouse thing. So...............my laptop is permanently anchored to the computer desk that my real computer was on, and attached to it is a real mouse (well, not really real - a computer one), and a proper keyboard that you can type on.
That was my problem area - I came to type the title in and nothing happened. It had been fine moments before. So I tried the stupid laptop keyboard, which worked fine once I had switched the num lock off (the keys multi-task). So I took my lovely proper keyboard into the other room for husband to try in his - not a problem! After threatening it with a nasty violent death if it did not work for me, I plugged it back into mine, and bingo, it is fine now.
Sorry for all that waffle, down to business. This card is for 2 challenges, and possibly for my husband for our anniversary in a couple of weeks (waste not, want not!). The first challenge is the Passion for ProMarkers Cool Aqua and Cocoa. The second is for the Papertake Weekly challenge, which this week is a sketch.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. The image is so sweet and the papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card Sue. Thanks for playing along at PfP this week.
    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, what a sweet card you have made, the senior couple is adorable! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous card Sue. Love the image you've used and the colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete