Wednesday 26 January 2011

A Winter's Tale

I came across a challenge over on Sir Stampalot, which, surprisingly, I am still just in time to do! It is called "A Winter's Tale", and inspiration is to be taken from either Queen's 1995 song, or Shakespear.
Now, I am a big Queen fan, and thought I knew most of their songs, but this one had escaped me. I Googled it (where would we be without Google?), and loved it. To me it cried out to be used with this image from Joanna Sheen's Enchanted Dreams. Everything seemed to fit!
I used the background that went with the image, and which just happened to have swans on it. I Googled (again) the lyrics for the song and used the first verse. Then I layered the image onto silver holographic card. Trouble is I love this so much that I can't bear to send it to anyone, so I will just have to keep it!

6 comments:

  1. Its absolutely stunning. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card! A dear friend of mine bought me the cd for christmas. It is beautiful isn't it? Thanks for joining us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue

    Lovely to meet another Queen fan, their music is iconic isn't it - I guess I was a bit transparnet when I came up with this theme.

    A really love take on the theme and such a beautifully dreamy image.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning and a brilliant take on our theme. Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete