Saturday 3 April 2010

An Easter Card

I have never made or sent an Easter Card before, but I received one from my Dad's cousin so I decided to make one to send back to her. I have recently made contact with Barbara because of our mutual interest in family history.
I am very much into tent cards at the moment, so I thought it would be nice to make one with a cross aperture. I have had the cross design for a while, and until now have just cut crosses to use as embellishments, but thought it would be good to adapt it to make the card with.
I made a second (plain) cross around the original so that the aperture would be slightly bigger than the cross, and I cut the same plain cross in silver holographic card to mount the cut out cross onto. I was quite pleased with the result, and this morning got a text from Barbara to say she loved it (however, she was more pleased with the 3 death certificate copies I enclosed with it - that's genealogy for you!)
I am entering this into the Papertake Weekly Challenge which this week is Anything Goes. I thought about putting it into Crafty Cardmakers, which is Spring has Sprung, but I am not sure that it says Spring, so maybe I won't.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card.

    Thank you for joining us at PTW.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete